Be a Plant Parent: Tips and Tricks for Caring for Your Houseplants
There are houseplants that most people keep in their homes for decoration and are good for giving a cooling effect to your home. Research has shown that plants can help you breathe happier and improve your mood just by having them around. But taking care of plants isn’t the easiest solution because you don’t know where and when to start. Once you’ve learned the basics of plant care and found a routine, you’ll notice the benefits of being a plant parent. Here we take a look at tips and tricks for taking care of your houseplants.
* Smell the soil to find out how often to water your plant. For potted plants, you need to make sure when to water the plant. For this rule you need to follow, like seeing the first inch of soil in the pot and if it’s dry, watering it. Also check the leaves. If they are discolored, water them.
* Avoid fertilizers for houseplants. If you are sure and comfortable its ok if not skip it. Too much fertilization can kill your plant.
* Keep a place for houseplants and make them stable, because houseplants like stability. Temperature and the amount of light are important for a houseplant.
* Buy smaller houseplants that are easy to maintain and grow faster.
* Place plants in low light in the bathroom. The shower will also be the main source of water for the plant.
* Watering should not be frequent, rather do it in depth. Watering deeply will help all roots get adequate water. Start watering until you watch the water come out of the pot, when you watch it stop watering.
* Always prune your plants. Getting rid of old vegetation on your plant helps your plant to regrow.
* Do not shoot plants when pointing them out. It will damage your plant. Take it out with great care.
* Always keep a humid atmosphere near the houseplant.