How to book vaccination slots on CoWIN, Aarogya Setu: simple tips that work
Applications that alert you to the opening of slots for vaccination & nbsp
- Since the COWIN portal started accepting vaccination schedules for those 18 and over, many people have complained that this is a âfastest finger firstâ type race.
- Many complain that by the time they click on the available slots, the same is reserved by someone else. Many wonder how the lucky ones get the slot machines they do.
- The tech-savvy young people of India are using these top 5 tips to book the immunization window. Check it out.
Although there was a bit of lethargy or vaccine hesitation in India at first when COVID-19 vaccines first arrived on the scene – thanks to anti-vaxxers and fear-mongers, the second deadly wave of coronavirus illness sent most people rushing for their vaccine.
But now the problem is that there aren’t enough slots available. By the rule, you can’t just walk into the vaccination center and expect to receive the blow that protects you against the deadliest pandemic of recent times. You need to book a slot on the COWIN platform that the central government provided after registering your name, age and photo ID details. It is this reservation window that turns out to be the most delicate part.
The gap between supply and demand worries both health authorities and citizens. Appointments for free and paid vaccinations on the dedicated CoWIN portal and the Aarogya Setu app are difficult to secure.
Next, we asked those who were successful in booking their immunization slots: is there a tool and / or a bunch of tricks they use to be successful?
Tech-savvy youth hacks:
- Under 45
This will set up alerts on the Telegram messaging app when slots open up for your district. Go to this website, enter (choose from drop-down menu) your state and city. Under45.in was programmed by Berty Thomas (@BertyThomas on Twitter). Users are then directed to an appropriate Telegram channel. When you join the relevant channel for your district, receive alerts about immunization windows. Now Thomas promises to start similar services for more than 45 people as many young people who go online said their parents’ second injections were hard to come by.
This is another such platform, and it sends out email alerts. This vaccine slit opening notifier works this way. Log on to http://getjab.in and provide your name, email address, district in India (and optional phone number). Click the Receive notification button. It will send you an email alert indicating which center has available locations, the number of available locations and the availability date. Due to the massive rush, your first email may arrive after a day of signing up. So stay patient.
For this notification system, log on to http://covialerts.in (formerly iPhone only, but switched to Telegram since May 4, according to some reports).
Log on to http://vaccinateme.in. Fill in the required details and it will send you WhatsApp alerts when your preferred locations open.
- Paytm, the online payment giant has also integrated a vaccine locator into its mobile application. Just like you receive other alerts for transactions on this app, the slot opening alert will also come via a notification.
- Bot ‘My Government Corona Helpdesk’:
By logging into this service, you can get WhatsApp updates on vaccination centers. But you will not receive individual alerts on available vaccination slots.
Some tips and tricks for the day of vaccination: #VaccineDos:
- Spend a lot of time on the CoWin portal, just so you can keep refreshing and checking out.
- Expand your choice; how far are you willing to travel (for vaccination). Some nearby vaccination centers may not be as rushed as the ones that are right for you right away.
- Remember that signing up for alerts does not guarantee that you will get one.
- Some users say the best time to find slots is between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m.
- For your vaccination appointment, reach 90 minutes early, to beat the winding lines
- Bring water, hand sanitizer, fresh wipes, a hygienically wrapped sandwich and your smartphone
- Watch, read on your phone while you wait.
- Wear something sleeveless for ease while taking the jab.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, tips on weight loss, yoga and fitness, more updates at Times Now