How to keep your hair healthy in humidity? These Basic, Actionable Tips Can Help You
Monsoon hair care: Monsoon is a delicate time for the skin and the hair. All the sweat, moisture, and dirt tend to make things difficult, so we need to be more careful with our usual skin and hair routine. Popularly known as oily, sticky weather, monsoons can cause damage if you’re not careful enough. With the start of the monsoon season in the city, we thought we would give you some great tips and tricks from Paridhi Goel, Founder of Love Earth, that will help you keep your hair soft, smooth and frizz-free! Also read – The incredible benefits of lemon for skin, hair and nails
8 basic and achievable tips to fight against moisture in your hair:
- For starters, avoid getting your hair wet in rainwater as it can really cause damage. Carry an umbrella whenever you go out to avoid such situations.
- Do not keep your hair open for too long during this season as it leads to increased hair loss and body sweat gets trapped in the hair.
- We understand that the monsoon makes you feel sticky and sweaty even in your hair, but cleaning it too often isn’t the solution. Do not shampoo your hair more than three times a week. If you feel sticky or sweaty in your hair, simply wash it in tap water, without using shampoo.
- Avoid over-oiling your hair in this weather. If your hair is dry, oil it overnight or use water-based serums that can also stay in the hair throughout the day. They do not make the hair sticky and also improve the health of your scalp.
- Do not overcomb your hair as it will cause hair loss. Try to keep your hair tied in a bun most of the time or at least in a ponytail, but don’t leave it too open.
- Avoid using heating devices to style your hair. This time is not a good choice to use iron rods or curling machines. Instead, go the old-fashioned way to tie a sock in your hair overnight and wake up naturally to beautiful waves.
- If your hair is too frizzy, don’t go crazy and use too many bobby pins. Instead, take a pump full of your hair serum and apply it to your baby hair. This will help them settle down and give you a cleaner look.
- Use a cotton t-shirt instead of your regular towel to dry your hair after washing. Because cotton t-shirts are much softer, they also lead to minimal frizz and reduced hair loss.
We hope you liked these basic and achievable tips. Monsoons are tough on all hair types, so we need to protect them all. Also Read – Hair Care Tips: Shahnaz Husain Has The Right Remedies For This Summer
Also Read – Timeless Ayurveda-Based Skin & Hair Care Tips That Are Relevant Today And Forever!