Invest in longevity: live a longer, healthier life with these tips
Invest in Longevity: Live Longer, Healthier With These Tips | Photo credit: iStock Images
- Longevity, also known as life expectancy, can be improved through good physical and mental health
- The practice of meditation and yoga can help relax, comfort and strengthen the body and mind.
- Adopt These Methods To Achieve Longevity And Holistic Health
New Delhi: As the popular saying goes – “What goes around happens”, your actions today will have consequences for tomorrow. Likewise, the way you treat your body today will decide its well-being over time. Investing in health can be the best investment of all if you do it right. Living a longer life is not an unusual desire and almost everyone is constantly striving for the same. According to an article published in the journal Nature, one study suggested that longevity has no limits and that the death rate flattens out later in life. The question persists, what can be done to live a long and healthy life?
Tips for holistic health
Follow these ways to ensure your holistic wellness and health:
- Take the time to exercise: Bones, muscles and joints weaken with age. Physical activity can help your body build the strength, flexibility, and endurance needed to overcome age-related health complications that can arise later in life. A regular and consistent workout routine can help tone the body, get rid of excess fat, build endurance and strength, and promote health by reducing the risk of obesity, cardiovascular disease and other conditions.
- Spend time with yourself: Connecting with yourself is a crucial step towards longevity. A person who is aware of his mind and soul will have a better understanding of situations which may or may not harm him. This can help improve the quality of their decisions, which will have a direct impact on the consequence. One can reach consciousness by talking to oneself, meditating, controlling breathing through techniques, and practicing relaxation methods.
- Say hello to nature: The extended COVID-19 lockdown has instilled the habit of not leaving the house unless necessary. A common problem that has emerged is vitamin D deficiency in people due to less exposure to the sun. While staying home is essential for safety reasons, practicing absolute self-withdrawal from nature will do more harm than good. Taking a walk in nature can help improve cognitive function, memory, mental health, and physical well-being. It can also help build immunity. Therefore, it is important to get out and spend time with nature.
- Nourish your body well: Your body needs food to survive. However, survival should not be the end goal. Equally important is nourishing your body and maintaining its well-being while working to strengthen it and increase its longevity. Indulge in a healthy, balanced diet rich in essential nutrients to meet your body’s needs. Adopt sustainable food methods to ensure the health of nature as well as yours.
- Be careful: Your body has its means of indicating diseases in the body, if any. Educate yourself about your body and pay attention to signs and symptoms to make sure you don’t miss any crucial clues that could progress to a health threatening complication. Plus, stay on top of health appointments and get regular checkups to rule out disease risks.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting a fitness program or making any changes to your diet.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, more updates at Times Now