Know what causes frizz and tips for frizz-free hair
What causes frizzy hair?
- Hair Dryness: When hair becomes extremely dry, it tends to draw in moisture from the environment, which then causes frizziness in the hair. Therefore, it is important that you keep your hair hydrated so that it does not absorb moisture from the environment.
Damaged hair: When the cuticle, i.e. the outer layer of the hair, is damaged, the hair begins to lose its moisture and becomes dry and frizzy. Therefore, the use of oils and hair serum is strongly advised to protect the hair from damage.
- Use of styling tools: When using heat styling tools, hair becomes vulnerable and loses moisture, making hair frizzy and unmanageable.
Not only these, but other factors that could also cause frizz are humidity and over-shampooing, among others.
Tips for managing frizz:
- Keep your hair away from styling tools. Heat tends to cause frizz on hair and regular use is best avoided. Also, when using hairdressers, remember to use heat protectant to prevent damage.
- Oil your hair often. This helps retain moisture in the hair and also improves blood circulation in the scalp, which in turn helps keep the hair healthy.
- Use conditioners, hair masks and serums. These help keep the hair healthy by keeping the moisture in the hair intact.
- Finally, cut your hair when you start to see split ends, otherwise these will pull up the hair strands and damage the hair, causing frizz and dryness.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.