National Nutrition Week 2022: Important tips to stay healthy and fit | Health
Nowadays, maintaining your health and fitness is considered one of the most difficult challenges and many people frequently complain that they have little time for activities related to their health and fitness. fitness due to the fast pace of metropolitan life. Social media, fast food, unhealthy eating habits, digital devices, work and socializing often take up a huge part of our daily lives and make it difficult to maintain a healthy weight.
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Dr. Sameer Bhati, public health expert and director of Star Imaging and Path Lab, suggested the following important tips for staying healthy and fit:
1. Refuel with a healthy breakfast – The morning meal should be healthy and nutritious as it charges you up for a wonderful day ahead. It replenishes blood sugar (glucose) in the body giving the energy needed to start a new day which is good for physical and mental health. It will help to have better concentration, problem solving skills and an active life. Skipping breakfast is the worst idea because it can make you more likely to gain weight and increase your risk of heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes. So, make your day with a healthy and balanced breakfast with nutritious options like milk, yogurt, oats, almonds, etc.
2. Color your plate with fruits and vegetables – Fruits and vegetables are the best sources of essential vitamins and minerals. Having a unique taste and interesting flavors, these low-calorie diet foods creatively fill your stomach with plenty of fiber, which also helps you manage your weight. They boost immunity and can even help you reduce inflammation, lower cholesterol, and control blood pressure.
3. Focus on the do’s and don’ts – Develop a sensible meal routine to plan your meals wisely and choose healthy options like protein bars, makhanas, bajra puffs, etc. at the grocery store. Avoid bad eating habits such as stress, overconsumption of sugar and salt, consumption of processed foods or junk food. Limit your caffeine intake and stay hydrated with healthy options like water, lime juice, coconut water, smoothies, milk and not soft drinks as this will increase calories leading to other health problems.
4. Activate your fitness through physical activities – Physical activities are crucial for a healthy metabolism, improve the sleep cycle and promote blood circulation by delaying the signs of aging. A 15 minute walk in the morning, a half hour yoga session or an hour gym routine and a walk after your meal specially dinner have the power to improve your mood and decrease feelings of depression, anxiety and stress. It will make you more active and save you countless illnesses.
5. Monitor your vitamin D and vitamin B12 levels – Being common in many people, vitamin D3 and vitamin B12 deficiency is considered a silent epidemic these days. This is very alarming as it has a direct impact on brain, bone and hormonal health. A preventative health check will help you know your numbers. In case of deficiency in these vitamins, you can spend some time of your morning routine in the sun, consume mushrooms, milk and dairy products and take supplements with the advice of the doctor.
Bringing his expertise to the same, Dr. Aruna Kalra, Senior Gynecologist and Obstetrician at CK Birla Hospital, Gurugram, has added some tips to help you get closer to achieving your health and fitness goals by doing them. respecting every day:
1. Eat healthy – Try filling your plate with a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables. Be sure to develop the practice of a balanced and healthy diet. You should also plan your meals carefully. You can create your own urge to go slow on yourself. With the intention of leading a healthy and active eating schedule and planning meal times. Choose an eating strategy that still includes some of our favorite foods, but avoids overeating.
2. Stay hydrated – For optimal health, proper hydration is essential. Due to their ability to improve performance, minimize fatigue and exhaustion, aid digestion and reduce muscle soreness, electrolytes are essential for maintaining physical fitness. Dehydration in the body is linked to a number of health issues.
3. Exercise regularly – One of the best things you can do to change to health and fitness is to get your body moving. During exercise, you can start with a modest exercise. You can choose simple home workouts like planks, squats, lunges, etc. if you don’t have time to join a gym, yoga or Zumba. Cardio can be very beneficial. To start, you can jog in the morning or evening or even consider using the stairs. Be sure to exercise for 30-40 minutes every day.
4. Sleep properly – Due to commuting or working hours, many people compromise their sleep schedules. These simply make you more physically stressed, making you more susceptible to illness and exhaustion. Nothing is more pleasant than a peaceful night’s sleep.
5. Make regular checks – Being well informed is beneficial. This proverb also applies to your health. You can stay informed about the development of your body and systems over time with regular and timely health checkups. Finding any underlying issues that might be problematic is also beneficial. A timely diagnosis could potentially save your life and medical bills.