Weight Loss Tips | Try These 5 High Potassium Foods To Shed Those Extra Pounds
Tips for losing weight: Can’t lose weight? Following a well-balanced diet and training program helps you get closer to your weight goals. But did you know that by changing your diet a bit, you can speed up the process? Potassium is an essential building block in your quest for weight loss, along with many other health benefits. A diet high in potassium not only helps shed pounds, but it can also improve the health of your heart and kidneys.Read also – National Nutrition Week 2021 | Importance of vitamins and proteins: knowing their sources
According to a report in NDTV Food, by switching to a diet rich in potassium, you can prevent excess water retention, build muscle, balance electrolytes, and promote metabolic activities. According to a study published in the journal Nutrients, researchers at Tel Aviv University state: “An increase in dietary potassium consumption has emerged as a hitherto unrecognized, independent and major predictor of the reduction achieved in BMI. Also Read – Can This Brazilian Viper Snake Be The Biggest Help In The Fight Against COVID-19? Everything we know so far!
Here are 5 foods high in potassium that you can add to your diet for weight loss.
- Flax Seeds: The small, nutty-tasting seeds come in two different colors, of which yellow and brown are high in potassium. They are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, lignans and mucilage. You can eat it raw or mix it into a smoothie, they also help with weight loss.
- Banana: A zero waste superfood that can be used in any form, be it sambar / curry / raita / sabzi or can be eaten as a fruit itself. It is packed with iron and potassium and also helps in weight loss.
- Fish: Not only in protein, fish is also loaded with potassium, omega-3 fatty acids, which is great for brain health. Fish is low in calories and is also good for weight loss.
- Chickpeas: If you are a vegetarian, this is your best option for healthy weight loss. It is high in protein and can be eaten as a salad, sabzi or you can also make a delicious hummus.
- Rajma or Kidney Beans: Rajma is full of potassium and protein. By eating this, you can add 35% of your daily potassium requirement.
If you are on a weight loss journey, make sure that these potassium-rich foods are important in your diet. Also Read – Botox VS Fillers: Which One Should You Choose? Watch the video to find out